- 1⁄2 x 250 g pack linguine
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to toss
- 30 g butter
- 150 g Rosa tomatoes, squashed with the back of a fork
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 bird’s-eye chillies, finely sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 T Pinot Noir
- Oregano, a few sprigs
Cook the linguine in salted boiling water until al dente, then drain. Toss in a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
Heat the oil and butter in a pan and fry the tomatoes, garlic, chillies and season with salt. Once the tomatoes start to soften, add the wine and reduce slightly. Add the linguine and toss thoroughly, checking the seasoning. Top with the oregano and serve immediately.
Cook's note: This is such a simple dish and another meat-free option. Melt a few slices of chevin through the hot pasta for a creamier take.