- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 400 g Beyond Meat® mince
- 25 g Woolworths chilli con carne spice mix
- 1 x 400 g can Canned cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g can red kidney beans, black beans or butter beans (or a combination of all 3)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- toasted tortilla wraps, for serving
- fresh coriander, for serving
- fresh lime, for serving
- charred corn, for serving
- ripe avocado, for serving
- smoked chilli salt, for serving
- Woolworths plain cultured coconut, or dairy-free coconut cream, for serving
- Ingredients aren't specified.
We’re adding a new twist to an old favourite with this delicious plant-based recipe, using the Beyond Beef® plant-based mince. Cook up a big batch, add some toasted tortillas, charred corn and lots of avo and it’s a regular vegan feast.
1. Soften the shallots and garlic in the olive oil over a low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the chilli con carne spice.
2. Increase the heat, add the Beyond Mince® and brown.
3. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the beans and heat through, then season to taste.
5. Serve the chilli mixture with the tortillas, coriander, a squeeze of lime, charred corn, avocado, smoked chilli salt and dollops of coconut cream.
Cook’s note: Turn this into a breakfast shakshuka by making wells in the mixture, then cracking in eggs and finishing off in the oven. Serve with crusty bread or in a tortilla.