Substitute the tilapia with any sustainable fish. If you’re cooking a whole fish (e.g. snoek) wrap it in four layers of newspaper and tie with string, then dunk the whole parcel in water before braaiing to steam the fish.
- 2 Woolworths whole tilapia, filleted into 4 fillets
- salt, to taste
- For the apple-and-baby marrow slaw, toss:
- 4 baby marrows, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 green apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the chimichurri, mix:
- 2 t capers, chopped
- 30 g parsley, chopped
- 300 g gherkins, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 anchovies, minced
- 2 T olive oil
1. Salt the fish on the skin side. Braai over medium coals until slightly charred;
the flesh should still be slightly opaque.
2. Serve the chimichurri on top of the salad, topped with the fish.
Photography: Jan Ras
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom