- For the ribs:
- 2 T Woolworths Flying Goose sambal oelek
- 2 T sriracha hot chilli sauce
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 kg pork ribs
- For the cabbage-and-coconut slaw:
- ½ medium white cabbage, finely sliced
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 50 g coconut chunks, shaved
- 2 green jalapeños, finely sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
For the ribs, combine the sambal oelek, sriracha, hoisin sauce and coconut oil in a large bowl Place the ribs in the mixture and coat evenly.
Place the ribs on a baking tray and roast until sticky and golden, basting often with the mixture.
For the slaw, mix all the ingredients.
Serve with the sticky ribs.
Cook's note: Yes, there’s jalapeño in the slaw but we’re all for fusion when it adds extra bite to sticky, sweet, hot ribs.