Boneless chicken thighs cook really quickly and it doesn’t hurt that they’re arguably the most delicious part of the chicken. I’ve rubbed them in spices and basted them with smoky, sweet chipotle so it’s a double-trouble flavour situation, and I just can’t resist food on a stick. Feel free to marinate and skewer these longer in advance and throw on the braai if you have a little more time.
- 16 free-range skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 250 g Woolworths exotic mushrooms
- 4 Woolworths baby leeks, cut into 5 cm pieces
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 T Woolworths spicy seasoning
- 4 T Woolworths chipotle sauce or Woolworths Korean style BBQ sauce
- fresh coriander, for serving
- Woolworths sweet potato-and-butternut mash, for serving
@wwtaste Made with deboned chicken thighs, these smoky, sweet, tender chicken kebabs are a winner for a quick pre-loadshedding dinner, or a lazy weekend braai. @____khanya knows all the best ways to inject flavour at speed! #chickenkebab #chickenrecipes #braairecipes ♬ Improbable Cuisine - DJ BAI
1. Place the chicken thighs, mushrooms and leeks in a bowl and add the oil and spicy seasoning. Toss, then thread onto skewers in an alternating fashion: leeks, chicken, then mushrooms.
2. Heat a pan or grill and add little oil. Fry the skewers over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, basting with the chipotle sauce. Give it one more good shake in the pan and serve with the sweet potato-and-butternut mash.
Photograph: Shavan Rahim
Videography: Romy Wilson