Using clever pantry ingredients, you can have authentic-tasting tacos on the table every night of the week. If you like, use steak instead of chicken.
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Woolworths chipotle marinade
- 2 T olive oil
- taco shells, heated to package instructions
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Woolworths sliced jalapeños in smoke-flavoured brine, for serving
- Woolworths jalapeño topping, for serving
- coriander, for serving
- For the quick-pickled onions:
- 1/2 t Woolworths lime-and-chilli salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
1. Marinate the chicken breasts in the chipotle marinade for 2 hours.
2. Fry the chicken in the olive oil for 7–10 minutes on each side, or until caramelised. Add any excess marinade to the pan for the last few minutes to caramelise slightly. Thinly slice the chicken.
3. Heat the tacos according to package instructions and serve stuffed with the chicken, lettuce, sliced jalapeños and pickled onions. Drizzle with the jalapeño topping, top with coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
4. To make the quick-pickled onions, combine the ingredients in a bowl and massage for 10 seconds.
Cook's note: Serve with Woolworths’ new authentic Mexican-style roasted peanut-and chilli salsa and sour cream sauce.