- For the base:
- 80 g white chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 150 g Woolworths vanilla wafers, blended until fine
- For the filling:
- 2 cups Woolworths double-thick cream
- 340 g 70% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 340 g milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 110 g unsalted butter, cubed
- For the meringue topping:
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1 t cream of tartar
- salt a pinch
- 5 T water
- 2 free-range eggs
1. To make the base, mix the white chocolate and wafers, then press into the base of a 30 cm cake tin. Chill until required.
2. To make the filling, heat the cream until just below boiling point. Place the chocolate into a large bowl, then pour over the hot cream. Stir from the middle using a spatula, until the cream and chocolate are incorporated. Add the butter and mix until melted. Pour the filling onto the tart base and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. To make the meringue topping, place all the ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Place
the bowl over a saucepan of cold water over a high heat. Using an electric mixer, whisk at a low speed until the water in the saucepan comes to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and whisk at a high speed for 7 minutes, or until the meringue is light and fluffy.
4. When the chocolate tart is set, remove from the cake tin and cover the top with the meringue topping.
Cook's tip: If you really want to impress, blowtorch the meringue topping before serving. If you don’t have a blowtorch, grill it under a very hot grill.