Just when you thought you've seen all the Chuckle's desserts, food director Abigail Donnelly created this masterpiece!
- 240 g caster sugar
- 2 litres Woolworths Chuckles malt ice cream
- 1 x 12 pack Woolworths best-ever mince pies
- 1 x 125 g Woolworths Chuckles malted puffs
- ½ t Woolworths edible gold shimmer
1. Place the sugar in a pan and slowly melt until golden brown.
2. Carefully pour onto a sheet of greaseproof paper, gently crumple the paper slightly and allow to set. Carefully remove the paper, taking care not to break the crown.
3. Spoon the ice cream into a trifle bowl. Place the mince pies around the bowl facing outwards, cover with cling wrap and freeze.
4. Roll the Chuckles in the gold shimmer. When ready to serve, remove the trifle from the freezer to allow to soften slightly, add the crown and decorate with the Chuckles.
Cook’s note: Make the crown the day before but leave it out of the fridge wrapped in greaseproof paper. Remember to make the caramel in light-coloured pan as it's easier to see the colour deepening – you don't want it to be too dark. I made the caramel crown by fluke. I was making caramel shards, but the caramel was too thin, so I crumpled it up, peeled back the paper and, hey presto, a caramel crown!
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana