- For the soup:
- r T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g Rosa tomatoes
- 3 red peppers, roasted and chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 T Woolworths tomato soffrito paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans
- 30 g Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 T pine nuts, toasted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the pecorino baby marrow crisps:
- 120 g pecorino, grated
- 120 g baby marrows, grated
Place the oil and onion in a medium saucepan and cook over a low heat until soft and transparent.
Add the remaining ingredients except the beans, parsley, pine nuts and seasoning. Cover and simmer or 20 minutes. Add the beans and brine from the can.
Cook for 2 minutes, or until the beans are warmed through. Sprinkle with the parsley and pine nuts and season to taste. Serve with the pecorino baby marrow crisps.
To make the crisps, preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix the cheese and baby marrows.
Place heaped spoonfuls onto a silicone baking mat or baking paper on a baking tray. Flatten slightly and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.