- 1 x 400 g pack Woolworths fresh gnocchi
- 100 g butter
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 100 g caster sugar
- Woolworths chocolate dessert sauce, for drizzling
- Woolworths plain thick yoghurt mixed with a dash of maple syrup and lemon zest
1. Cook the gnocchi in a boiling water for 3–5 minutes, or until they float to the top. Remove from the pan and drain.
2. Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan, add 1 t ground cinnamon and fold in the gnocchi to coat in the butter and cinnamon. Fry for 2–4 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with 2 T caster sugar and shake to coat evenly. Remove from the heat. Combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar to make cinnamon sugar.
4. Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar over the gnocchi if you like and serve with the yoghurt or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Cook's note: This is TASTE's take on a recipe popularised on TikTok in 2020. It is also reportedly a popular treat in Italy.