- 550 g free-range duck breast à l’orange (2 breasts)
- Sesame oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 100 g asparagus tips
- 1-2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 4-6 pickled ginger shavings
- Segments of 1 medium orange or grapefruit
Heat oil in hot wok and place breasts skin side down. Cook until golden brown and crisp. Turn breasts over and cook until golden brown (The duck must not be overcooked as it is meant to be served rare to medium.)
Remove and rest in low oven. Stir-fry spring onion and asparagus in pan juices for three to five minutes. Stir in rice and warm through. Reduce heat and add pickled ginger and citrus segments.
Heat orange sauce from packet in a small saucepan or microwave. Remove duck from oven, slice thinly and serve on top of basmati mixture with the orange sauce.