- 500 g pork fillet
- 2 T peanut or canola oil
- 4–6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic large clove, finely chopped
- 4 baby cabbages, quartered
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 T cornflour
- 1 T soya sauce
- 1 t honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 T sesame oil
- 1-2 T toasted sesame seeds
- Chinese noodles or jasmine rice, for serving
Trim the pork if necessary. Slice thinly, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a pan and quickly sear the pork in batches. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onions, chilli and garlic to the pan, adding more oil if necessary. Gently fry until soft. Add the cabbage, orange and lemon juice and chicken stock. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until just tender.
Remove the cabbages and set side. Mix the cornflour with 2 T stock, the soya sauce and honey. Add to the pan and stir until smooth and thick.
Return the pork and cabbage to the pan and gently heat through. Check the seasoning. Add more soya sauce if necessary. Spoon over a little sesame oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve with the noodles or rice.