- 500 g smoked or fresh pork fillet
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t paprika, if required
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt, if required
- 1 T ponzu sauce, if required
- Sweet potatoes baked, for serving
- Asian salad greens, moistened with ponzu sauce, for serving
Thinly slice the pork into medallions. Gently soften the onion in 2 T olive oil until very tender but still pale. Stir in the pork and, increasing the heat, sauté for a few minutes, adding a little more oil if necessary.
If you’re using fresh pork, stir in the paprika. Add the fruit juice and stock. Simmer for a few minutes. Add the chopped coriander, a twist or two of black pepper, salt and the ponzu sauce if you’re using fresh pork.
If needed, add more ponzu sauce or a little salt. Serve with the sweet potatoes and salad greens.
Cook’s note: Serve with rice noodles and wilt some greens in the hot citrus sauce.