- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup good quality chicken stock
- 80 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 200 g gammon or smoked ham, sliced
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, halved and pan fried
- 250 g fettuccine, cooked al dente
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the cream and chicken stock in a saucepan over a medium heat. Simmer until reduced by half, then remove from the heat. Mix in half the Parmesan and sliced ham. Add the pan fried portabellini mushrooms.
2. Toss through cooked pasta. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and season to taste.