- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Woolworths Fresh Buttermilk
- 125 grams Woolworths Butter with Fresh cream
- 2 Woolworths Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup White Castor Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
Sift dry ingredients accept the sugar into a deep bowl.
Rub in the butter into the dry flour mixture.
Lightly beat the eggs,sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla essence together.
Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients. Mix gently. Be careful not to over work your dough.
Now turn out the dough unto a hard kitchen top and gently knead and pat into a soft dough.
Cut scones using a medium sized scone cutter.
Yields approximately 10-12 medium sized scones.
Place cut scones inverted unto a greased baking pan. Lightly brush with egg or milk and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve straight out the oven on its own or with added butter, clotted cream, or jam.