- 1/4 cup Woolworths Wild Blossom Honey
- 2 cups 500ml Woolworths Cake Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 full teaspoon Woolworths Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups Woolworths Full Cream Long-Life Fresh Milk
- 2 Woolworths Large Free Range Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Woolworths Fresh Butter (Melted)
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
In a deep bowl beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the milk (room temperature warm) and vanilla extract. Now incorporate the melted butter (cooled).
Now sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the above wet mixture.
Using a large wooden spoon, mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated and a smooth, lump-free batter forms. Stop mixing once all the ingredients are combined.
(*Cook's Note: Batter should be a thick consistency.)
Lastly add the honey by gently folding in.
Leave batter to rest for approximately 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
On medium heat drop spoonfuls of batter onto a flat non-stick pan. (Cook's Note: A crepe pan is ideal) Allow each crumpet to cook on one side until bubbles start to form on the surface. Once the bubbles form flip over and further cook until raised. Crumpets should be light, fluffy and golden palatable brown in colour once fully cooked.
Yields approximately 15-16 medium-sized crumpets
Serve warm with added butter, a drizzling of honey or maple syrup and seasonal fresh fruit.
Delicious as a breakfast dish or tea-time accompaniment.