- 2 kg tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 t fine salt
- Fish sauce, to taste
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 x 4 cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 500 g beef fillet, cleaned and thinly sliced
- Vine tomatoes, to garnish
Place the tomatoes, celery, water and salt into a liquidiser and blend until smooth. Line a colander with a muslin cloth and place over a large bowl.
Pour the tomato purée into the colander and allow the clear tomato water to drip through. Gently press the tomato pulp to extract the maximum amount of clear juice. Adjust the seasoning by adding a teaspoon or two of fish sauce.
Place a small amount of shaved leek, garlic, chilli, ginger and beef into each serving bowl. Heat the tomato water and pour over the vegetables and meat. Serve immediately.