- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 clover garlic, diced
- 2 T ground coriander
- 1 T ground cumin
- ¼ t ground cloves
- 1 t chilli powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut cream
- 2 stalks lemon grass, bruised
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- Sea salt
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Jasmine rice, steamed, for serving
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large heavybased saucepan.
Add the onion and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until softened.
Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add all the spices and cook, stirring until fragrant.
Turn up the heat and add the chicken.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the coconut cream and lemon grass and stir until mixed.
Bring to a simmer.
Add the chilli strips and salt, to taste.
Just before serving, add the spinach and stir through until just wilted.
Remove from the heat, add a squeeze of lime juice and serve with steamed jasmine rice.