- 250 g baby potatoes, boiled
- 250 g Woolworths pink fir potatoes, boiled
- 250 g Woolworths red skin potatoes, boiled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup thick, plain yoghurt
- 10 g fresh coriander
- Spring onions, finely sliced, to garnish
- Fresh coconut, grated, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut some of the potatoes in half, leave others whole and smash some with the back of a fork, drizzle with 3 T olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp, shaking the tray now and then.
To make the dressing, mix the coconut cream, yoghurt, remaining olive oil and season to taste.
Toss into the hot potatoes and serve topped with the coriander, spring onions.
Cook's note: A good old potato salad is a South African summer staple. I used three varieties, each with their own shape, flavour and texture, and the coconut-and-yoghurt dressing is beyond!