- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 T canola oil
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 55 g Woolworths rice vermicelli
- 200 g cooked, peeled prawns, for serving
- Cucumber ribbons, to garnish
Gently cook the fennel in the oil until soft. Add a little more oil if necessary.
Stir in the cucumber and season. Add the stock and simmer, almost covered, for 20 minutes, or until the cucumber is tender.
Cool slightly, then blend until smooth and chill. Check the seasoning.
Soak the rice vermicelli in boiling water until tender, then drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Add strands of vermicelli and prawns to each bowl of soup. Garnish with cucumber ribbons.