- 1.5 kg potatoes (I use the small Mediterranean ones)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s because that’s what my mom always used)
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- ½–1 t mustard powder (to taste)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until cooked but not mushy. Leave to cool, then remove the skins.
Cut each potato into 3 pieces and set aside.
Mix the mayonnaise, condensed milk, mustard powder and onion and pour over the potatoes. Garnish with the radishes.
Cook's note: This is based on a recipe by Reuben Riffel, who makes his potato salad according to his wife's family recipe. It is insanely delicious. Down with salad snobbery! I’ve added radishes because their bright pink colour brings me joy. Also, my ma would approve, even though she would disagree about the condensed milk.