- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves, with skins intact
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups olive oil
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 fillets anchovy
- ciabatta toast, for serving
- fresh basil, for serving
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Arrange the garlic, plum tomatoes and thyme in a shallow baking dish, with the tomatoes cut side up. Season and pour over the olive oil.
Bake for 1 hour, then remove the dish from the oven, remove the tomatoes and set aside. Return the dish to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven, add the cherry tomatoes and anchovy fillets while the oil is still warm and allow to cool.
Serve at room temperature, spooned over toasted ciabatta with fresh basil and cracked black pepper.