- 1 T butter
- 1 t of each Woolworths crushed garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric cubes
- 50 g Woolworths rogan josh Indian curry paste
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cubed and parboiled
- 1 x 420 g can cream-style sweetcorn
- 1 x 340 g can whole kernel corn in brine, draine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- coconut yoghurt, for serving
- 1 cucumber, grated, for serving
1. Heat the butter in a large pan and sauté the garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric until fragrant.
2. Add the curry paste and cook for a further minute, then stir in the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Stir in the potatoes and corn and cook for a further 5 minutes, then season to taste.
4. Serve the curry topped with coconut yoghurt and grated cucumber.
Cook’s note: This is a simple, comforting meal for the whole family, served with basmati rice or naan bread. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover roast potatoes. Freeze the remaining garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Keletso Motau