Want to add more greens to your winter midweek rotation? This creamed spinach lasagne is perfect. It is comforting and ideal for cold weather.
- 1 x 500 g box Woolworths frozen creamed spinach
- 2 T olive oil
- 8 baby leeks, sliced
- 200 g Swiss chard, sliced
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 1 x 250 g box Woolworths dried lasagne sheets
- 200 g frozen petit-pois, blanched and refreshed
- 150 g Woolworths plain South African feta cheese, cubed
- 250 g Woolworths smooth ricotta
- 200 g Woolworths mozzarella, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cook the creamed spinach according to package instructions.
2. Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan, and sauté the leeks and fresh spinach until wilted. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Combine the mixture with the Woolies’ creamed spinach.
3. Cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente, then refresh in cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. Using a 17 x 26 cm ovenproof baking dish, start with a layer of the creamed spinach mixture, and scatter over some peas. Add a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat, adding the feta into the second layer of your green filling. Repeat until all the ingredients are finished.
5. Spread the ricotta over the top and top with the sliced mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and season, then bake for 30–35 minutes until bubbly and golden. Serve immediately.
Production: Hannah Lewry
Videography: Romy Wilson
Photograph: Shavan Rahim
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Gooderson