- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 100 g leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g baby spinach
- 1 cup Woolworths Ayrshire full-cream yoghurt
- 2 t mint, roughly chopped
- Ciabatta, for serving
- Sea salt, to taste
- For the chilli oil:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 2 t smoked chilli flakes
- 2 t Woolworths Lazy Kettle Hickory liquid smoke (optional)
Heat the butter and olive oil in a nonstick pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and fry until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the spinach and fry until wilted. Stir through the yoghurt and mint, then remove from the heat.
To make the chilli oil, heat the olive oil and spices until sizzling. Add the liquid smoke. Remove from the heat and fold in the yoghurt and spinach. Season and serve with ciabatta.
Cook's note: Use full- or double-cream yoghurt so it doesn’t split when heated. It makes a deliciously rich and creamy sauce.