- 1/2 cup cream, plus 2 T extra for blending
- 6 leaves gelatine, softened in water
- 3 x 170 g asparagus spears packets, blanched
- 2 x 250 g smooth creamed cottage cheese, tubs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chives snipped, for serving
- Crusty olive loaf for serving
- For the dressing, mix:
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Heat 1/2 cup cream in a saucepan over a medium to low heat.
Squeeze out any excess water from the gelatine leaves, whisk into the cream and remove from the heat.
Blend 340 g asparagus in batches with 2 T cream until smooth. Pour into a bowl and mix in the creamed cottage cheese, as well as the gelatine and cream mixture. Season to taste.
Spoon into an oiled loaf tin, smooth the top with the back of a spoon and chill until set, approximately 2 hours.
Thinly slice the remaining blanched asparagus. Unmould the terrine by running a blunt knife around the edges of the loaf tin before turning it out onto a platter.
Slice the terrine, spoon over the asparagus, garnish with chives. Serve with slices of crusty olive loaf.