- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 400 g fresh pour-over cheese sauce
- 80 g biltong powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g fresh fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 50 g beef biltong
- basil pesto, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving
1. Heat up the cream and add the paprika. Simmer for 5–7 minutes until slightly thickened.
2. Add the pour-over cheese sauce and whisk over the heat until heated.
3. Add the biltong powder and season the sauce.
4. Pour the sauce over the hot cooked pasta, top with the biltong and basil pesto, and serve with lemon wedges.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Bianca Strydom
Food assistant: Ellah Maepa