- 1 T olive oil
- 250 g leftover gammon, cut into chunks or shredded
- 2 T maple syrup (optional)
- 50 g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 g thyme
- 1 cup cream
- 1x 250 g bag Woolworths fresh tagliatelle or fettuccine pasta
- 1 lemon, halved
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the gammon over a high heat until crisp and golden brown . Add the maple syrup and toss to coat.
2. Remove gammon from the pan and set aside. Reduce the heat and add the butter and 1 T olive oil to the same pan. Fry the garlic for a few seconds, then add the thyme and cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Cook the pasta until al dente, reserving some of the cooking water. Toss the pasta through the hot sauce in the pan to coat, adding 1 T pasta water at a time until glossy. Serve hot out of the pan with lots of grated cheese and the gammon.