- 500 g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 4–6 large brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 T olive oil
- 100 g butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 free-range rotisserie chickens or leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 1 x 340 ml box Woolworths chicken stock concentrate
- 2 cups cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 250 g box Woolworths egg lasagne, cooked al dente
- 300 g shimeji mushrooms, pan-fried
- 100 g Parmesan
Pan-fry the portabellini and brown mushrooms in 2–3 T olive oil over a high heat until golden, then remove from the pan.
Add 50 g butter and 1 T olive oil to the same pan and soften the leeks over a lower heat, then add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
Toss the chicken into the pan, then add the stock. Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in 1 cup cream and season to taste.
Layer the chicken mixture and pasta in a large, ovenproof dish. Scatter the shimeji mushrooms over the final pasta layer, then pour over the remaining cream and scatter with Parmesan.
Brush any exposed pasta with melted butter and bake for 35 minutes, brushing the top of the pasta with more butter every 10 minutes and adding more Parmesan if you like.