- 2 Woolworths concentrated vegetable stock sticks
- 2 cups boiling water
- 200 g Woolworths roasted and salted cashew nuts
- 2 T olive oil
- 180 g kale
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 t paprika
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g spaghetti
1. Mix the stock with the boiling water then pour over the cashews, making sure they’re all submerged.
2. Pan-fry the kale in the olive oil in batches until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Turn off the heat and add the garlic and paprika to the same pan, add a squeeze of lemon juice and season.
4. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, then drain, reserving some of the pasta water. 5 Blend the stock and cashews, season to taste and spoon over the hot pasta to coat, adding some of the reserved pasta water to loosen. Serve immediately with the crispy kale and paprika oil.
Cook's note: Woolworths’ concentrated stock adds great depth of flavour, so don’t compromise on it. Blend the sauce until almost smooth, you want to keep a bit of cashew texture, which also keeps the sauce lighter. If you’d prefer a super-smooth, velvety sauce, blend for longer for a rich, creamy finish. Soak the cashews for as long as possible before blending.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger