- 2 x 400 g blocks Woolworths Ayrshire mozzarella, cut into sticks
- 1 T Woolworths chipotle seasoning
- 145 g breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- oil, for shallow frying
1. Place the mozzarella sticks on kitchen paper for 10 minutes. Combine the chipotle seasoning with the breadcrumbs and season.
2. Coat each mozzarella stick in the egg, then in the seasoned breadcrumbs. Repeat so that the mozzarella has a double coating. Freeze for 2 hours before frying.
3. Heat the oil over a high heat, then reduce the temperature to medium. Fry the mozzarella sticks in batches until golden brown. Season while hot and serve warm.
Photograph: Jan Ras