- 3 T olive oil
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and sliced julienne
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 700 g baby potatoes, boiled
- 100 g butter
- 1 T mustard seeds
- 1–2 T Woolworths chicken masala spice blend
- 4 baby red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 limes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 free-range eggs, poached, for serving
- 250 g crème fraîche
- coriander, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large wok. Fry the ginger until crispy, then remove using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Do the same with the garlic and chillies and set aside.
2. Add the drained potatoes to the hot wok and toss to coat evenly, smashing some with a fork. Fry until golden and crispy.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan until golden. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 20 seconds, then remove from the heat and add the masala spice.
4. Massage the red onions with the juice of half a lime and a generous pinch of salt. Poach the eggs to your liking and serve in bowls with the potatoes, dollops of crème fraîche, a drizzle of spicy butter, fresh coriander and the crispy aromatics.