- 1 kg large potatoes
- 1 x 600 g box Woolworths frozen crispy tempura hake
- 2 cups blanched frozen peas
- lemon juice, for serving
- ½ tub crème fraîche
1. Peel 1 kg large potatoes, cut into thick chips and parboil until tender but not soft, 10–20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Heat vegetable oil for frying. Pat the chips dry using kitchen paper. Test the oil’s temperature with one chip; it will start to sizzle and float when the oil is hot enough. Fry the chips in batches, they should still be pale but slightly crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and cool.
3. Just before serving, fry the chips in batches again until golden and crisp. Season with salt.
4. Bake 1 x 600 g box Woolworths frozen crispy tempura hake according to package instructions.
5. Smash 2 cups blanched frozen peas, then fold through a generous squeeze of lemon juice and ½ tub crème fraîche. Season to taste and serve with the fish and chips.