- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 T Woolworths crushed fresh ginger
- 1 t sea salt
- 600 g sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 60 g flour
- White pepper, to taste
- 200 g panko crumbs
- Sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- 1 litre Woolworths organic liquid beef stock
- 2 T miso paste
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms
- 170 g Woolworths fine egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 30 g spring onions, finely sliced lengthways, to garnish
- 150 g radishes, cut into matchsticks, to garnish
- 20 g Woolworths micro coriander leaves, to garnish
- 2 T black sesame seeds, lightly toasted, to garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
Mix the eggs, ginger and salt.
Mix the flour and pepper, coat the beef in the flour, then dip individually into the egg mixture allowing any excess to drip off. Roll the strips in panko crumbs and shallow fry until golden brown.
Heat the stock, miso paste and soya sauce in a large saucepan until simmering, then poach the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
Divide the broth and mushrooms between serving bowls, add the cooked noodles and top with the beef.
Garnish with the spring onions, radishes, coriander and toasted sesame seeds.
Serve immediately with the lime wedges.
Cook's note: I like to crumb the beef strips in panko crumbs for some lovely crunch in the spicy, salty broth. An easy comfort meal for a chilly night.