- 2 T olive oil
- 300 g Brussels sprouts, some halved, some whole
- 3 thick slices sourdough, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 t chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 g caperberries
- 50 g Woolworths crispy onion sprinkle
- 35 g Woolworths nut-and-seed sprinkle
- 4 T lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat a pan and add the olive oil. Fry the Brussels sprouts over a high heat, then add the chunks of bread. Allow the bread to toast on all sides and become crispy. Add the garlic, chilli and seasoning.
2. Toss in the caperberries and fry until the bread and Brussels sprouts are caramelised and crisp.
3. Shake in the crispy onion and nut-and-seed sprinkles, reserving a bit of both for serving. Serve the Brussels sprouts warm, drizzled with the lemon-infused olive oil and with the onion and nut-and-seed sprinkle.
Photograph: Willow Tucker