- For the lamb ribs:
- 1.2 kg Woolworths free-range farm-style lamb ribs
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 sticks celery, cut into chunks
- 2 leeks, cut into chunks
- 2 litres Woolworths organic beef stock
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 120 g flour
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- 200 g panko breadcrumbs
- For the anchovy-and-parsley salsa:
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the ribs into a deep ovenproof dish with the carrots, celery and leeks. Pour over the beef stock making sure that everything is covered.
Cover the dish with foil and braise in the oven for 2 hours, until soft.
Remove the dish from the oven, set aside and allow the ribs to cool completely in the liquid. 4 Once the meat is cold, remove it from the liquid and portion into individual ribs. Heat the oil in a deep saucepan.
Dip the ribs into the flour, then into the egg and the breadcrumbs. Deep-fry each rib until golden brown.
To make the salsa, place all the ingredients into a blender and process until chunky. Serve with the ribs.