- 3 T ghee
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 t Woolworths fresh turmeric
- 1 x 10 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 200 g dried red lentils
- 4 Woolworths kava orange sweet potatoes, cut into chunks and roasted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the paneer naan:
- 50 g Woolworths korma curry paste
- 200 g Woolworths paneer, cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 naan breads
- 2 T Woolworths garlic-and-herb butter
Melt the ghee in a medium saucepan. Fry the onion over a low heat until soft and transparent.
Add the turmeric, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, cumin, coriander and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the stock and lentils. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Add the sweet potato and season to taste.
To make the paneer naan, preheat the oven to 180°C. Fry the curry paste for 2 minutes. Add the paneer and toss. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Brush the naan with butter. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and top with the paneer.
Serve with the soup.