- 3 extra-large free-range eggs
- 1 t sugar
- ½ t salt
- ½ t dashi
- 1 t mirin
- 1 t soya sauce
- 1 T water
- spring onion, finely sliced to garnish
- bokkom powder or nori powder, to garnish (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients and pass through a sieve. Whisk all the ingredients quickly until foamy.
2. Cook in a small, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Whisk once again in the pan when the egg starts to cook.
4. Garnish with finely sliced spring onion, bokkom powder or nori powder and serve immediately.
Photograph: Toby Murphy
Production: Abigail Donnelly