- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon Woolworths Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3/4 cup Woolworths Brown Sugar
- 1teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Woolworths Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Large Sweet Navel Oranges
- 3/4 cup Woolworths Full Cream Long Life Milk
- 1/4 cup (melted) 50 grams Woolworths Fresh Butter With Fresh Cream
- 3/4 cup Woolworths Sunflower Oil
- Orange Zest (2 Large Oranges)
- 8-10 drops Woolworths Orange Essence
- 1 Tablespoon Woolworths Vanilla Essence
- 3 Large Woolworths Free Range Eggs
Sift and mix all the dry ingredients together in a large deep bowl.
In a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar together thoroughly.
Then add milk, oil, orange essence, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar, the juice of two large oranges, melted butter and further beat until all the wet ingredients are well incorporated.
Now add the dry ingredients flour mixture to the wet ingredients mixture by gently folding in.
Lastly add the zest of two large oranges by folding in.
(Cook's Note: Oranges should be fully ripe and dark orange in colour for a more potent zesty flavour).
Pour cake batter into a lined stoneware baking tray. Tap tray gently to remove any air bubbles.
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
Use a skewer to test if the cake is fully cooked through.
Allow cake to fully cool before slicing.
Delicious served with fresh slices of orange and cream/custard.
(Cook's note: Deep orange citrus flavours of the cake develop after a day.)