- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Cardamom (Elachie) Powder
- a pinch of Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths Butter
- 1 packet Woolworths Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Can Condensed Milk
- 4 tablespoons Maize Meal Powder
- 3 cups Woolworths White Sugar
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 5 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 cup Rose water
-Sift flour baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt together, then rub in the butter.
- Mix well condensed milk, maize meal, and cardamom powder together, in a separate bowl.
- Now add the flour and butter mixture a little at a time to the condensed milk mixture to form a slightly sticky dough.
-Break into small ball sizes and roll lengthwise between palms. Doughnuts should be approximately 7-8 cm in length.
- Deep fry each doughnut on medium heat until a beautiful golden colour.
- Drain out excess oil unto paper towels.
- Boil Sugar, hot water and rose water together. Immerse cinnamon sticks once syrup starts to thicken. Should be a slightly thick but runny consistency.
-Dip each fried doughnut into the warm syrup. Fully soaking each one. Then roll out into desiccated coconut.
Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve fully cooled. Can be stored at a cold fridge temperature.