- 1 T ghee
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 t garlic, grated
- 2 t ginger, grated
- 1 r fresh turmeric, grated
- 3 T curry paste
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 250 g split red lentils
- 4 cups Woolworths fresh free-range chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- 100 g fresh coconut, grated
- 2 T coriander, chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream, for serving
- rotis, for serving
1. Heat the ghee in a saucepan. Stir in the curry leaves, garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry paste and chilli. Cook for 1 minute, then stir through the lentils.
2. Add the stock and cook for 20–30 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Blend the fresh coconut and coriander.
To serve, spoon the dhal into bowls, then pour over the coconut cream. Add a dollop of coriander-and-coconut mixture.