- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Woolworths Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Woolworths Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3/4 cup Woolworths White Castor Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Dried Lavender Leaves or Flowers (Organic)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Woolworths Full Cream Long Life Milk
- 1/2 cup Woolworths Sunflower Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup Woolworths Butter With Fresh cream (melted)
- 2 teaspoons Lavender Extract
- 3 Woolworths Large Free Range Eggs
In a large deep bowl, beat the eggs with the castor sugar well,until fully emulsified.
Add the milk, oil, melted butter (cooled),lavender extract and beat further until foamy.
Sieve all the dry ingredients together and slowly incorporate into the wet ingredients.
Using a large spatula, mix gently until a creamy smooth, lump- free batter forms.
(*Cook's Note: Be careful not to over mix your batter.)
Now gently fold in the dried lavender leaves or flowers.
(Cook's Note: Finely crush the lavender leaves or flowers to release a stronger more potent scent and flavour.)
Gently pour cake batter into a stoneware baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Ensure that you tap the cake tray on a hard surface to release any air bubbles.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for approximately 55-minutes to 1 hour.
Check to see if the cake is fully cooked through using a skewer.
Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before serving.
Slice and serve on its own.
A delicious fragrantly scented tea-time cake.