- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tabtablespoons lespo cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional extras
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dry-fry the sesame seeds and nuts in a pan on top of the stove for a few minutes, stirring all the time, until golden brown, but not burnt. Remove and cool. In a clean pan dry-fry the coriander and cumin seeds (and peppercorns, if using) until fragrant and starting to pop.
Grind in a clean coffee grinder or special spice grinder. Add salt to taste. Add cinnamon, if using.
Keeps well in a sealed container. Store in the refrigerator for longer periods.