- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1½ cups amasi or plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup hot sauce or sriracha sauce
- 200 g flour
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1 t chicken spice
- 1 T dried mixed herbs
- ½ t black pepper
- canola oil, for deep-frying
- For the dunking sauce, mix:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soya sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce
1. Wash the cauliflower under running water. Shake off the water and cut into bite-sized florets.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the amasi, hot sauce and ¼ cup flour.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the spices, herbs and remaining flour.
4. Heat enough oil for deep-frying. Dip the cauliflower florets into the amasi mixture and coat completely, then dip in flour mixture to coat completely. Repeat the process.
5. Deep-fry the cauliflower florets in batches over a medium heat and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve the cauliflower florets warm with the dunking sauce on the side.
Photographer: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Bianca Strydom