- 6 free-range chicken wings or a bag of cauliflower florets
- 1½ cups amasi or plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup hot sauce or sriracha sauce
- 200 g flour
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1 t chicken spice
- 1 T dried mixed herbs
- ½ t black pepper
- Canola, oil for deep-frying
- For the dunking sauce, mix:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soya sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce
1. Cut the wings into 12 winglets.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the amasi, hot sauce and ¼ cup flour.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the spices, herbs and remaining flour.
4. Heat enough oil for deep-frying. Dip the wings into the amasi mixture and coat completely, then dip in flour mixture and coat completely. Repeat the process.
5. Deep-fry wings the wings in batches over a medium heat and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve the wings warm with the dunking sauce on the side.
Photographer: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Bianca Strydom