- For the Earl Grey tea and passion fruit floats:
- Crushed ice
- 12 tots vodka
- 2 cups strong Earl Grey tea
- 6 x 200 ml cans lemonade
- 6 passion fruit ice lollies or scoops of passion
- Fruit sorbet
- For the vegetable glass rolls with lime and green chilli dip:
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ½ cucumber, shaved
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 12 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 3 T plum sauce
- 3 T lime or lemon juice
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- Onion sprouts, to garnish
To make the Earl Grey tea and passion fruit floats: Fill 6 highball glasses with crushed ice, then distribute the vodka, Earl Grey tea and lemonade among them. Top with a passion fruit ice lolly or a scoop of passion fruit sorbet and serve.
To make the vegetable glass rolls with lime and green chilli dip: Combine the pepper slices, mint and lettuce leaves, cucumber shavings and sliced avocado and toss well.
Fill a shallow bowl with boiling water and, one at a time, dip the rice paper sheets into the water to soften.Transfer to a clean work surface. Place a handful of the leaf-and-vegetable mix onto each moistened rice paper sheet and roll to form firm rolls.
Cut each roll in half and keep covered with a damp cloth until ready to serve. Combine the plum sauce, lime or lemon juice and chilli and serve on the side. Garnish with onion sprouts.