- 1 x 800 g can whole peeled tomatoes in tomato juice
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 60 g butter, cubed
- 1 red chilli, halved
- 1 t smoked paprika
- smoked salt, to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 500 g Woolworths pork-and-herb bangers, removed from casings
- 500 g spaghetti
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Pour the tomatoes into an ovenproof tray and crush lightly using the back of a fork. Add the garlic, butter, chilli, smoked paprika and salt. Roast for 45 minutes, or until jammy.
2. Heat a pan over a medium to high heat. Add the olive oil and fry the sausage meat until golden and cooked through, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Remove from the heat.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain, reserving 1⁄3 cup pasta water. Return to the saucepan with the reserved water.
4. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and, using a potato masher or fork, break up the garlic and tomatoes. Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and toss until well coated. Fold through the sausage meat and serve on a large platter, topped with the Parmesan.