- For the pizza dough:
- 580 g plain flour
- 1½ t salt
- 1 T sugar
- 2 t instant yeast
- 1 1/3 cups water (at room temperature)
- 3 T olive oil
- For the marinated tomatoes, mix:
- 350 g exotic mixed tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1 T aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T basil, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato purée
- 4 T Parmesan
- 125 g tub Burrantina Mozzarella
- 2 T basil pesto
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 280C. For best results, use a pizza stone preheated for 1 hour.
2. To make the pizza dough, place the flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the yeast and mix. Add the water and olive oil and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
3. Place in a warm place, covered, until doubled in size. Knock down the dough and shape into pizzas.
4. Roll out or stretch the pizza dough, then spread the tomato purée over the bases. Top with grated Parmesan and bake for 5-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
5. When the pizza is baked, scatter over the marinated tomatoes and top with torn burrata. Drizzle with basil pesto and balsamic vinegar.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur
Recipes: Jacquline Burgess
Food assistant: Claire van Rooyen
Explore Woolworths’ selection of Italian imported cured cold meats and award-winning cheeses. Take your pick from salty speck and prosciutto crudo and creamy cheeses such as Gorgonzola and burratina mozzarella.