- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 kg Woolworths free-range beef mince
- 1 x 50g box Woolworths chilli con carne spice mix
- 2 x 400 g cans tomatoes
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 cup good-quality beef stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 400 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Rice, for serving
- Limes, for serving
- Red onion, sliced, for serving
- Green chilli, chopped, for serving
- Coriander, for serving
Soften the onion and garlic in the olive oil over a low heat for 5 minutes. Increase the heat, add the mince and brown.
Stir in the chilli con carne spice, then add the tomatoes, tomato paste and stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the balsamic vinegar and kidney beans and season to taste.
Serve hot with the rice, limes for squeezing, red onion, chilli and coriander.