Summer is here (finally!) and we are SO ready for laid-back summer lunches. These easy grilled mussels with lightly spiced matboucha – and some tasty Greek eats on the side – are giving us all the happy summer vibes. And with Woolies’ Mediterranean range, it’s beyond easy to pull together.
- 500 g mussels, cleaned and steamed
- 180 g Woolworths matboucha sauce
- 50 g sourdough breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 Woolworths preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 10 g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
1. Clean and steam the mussels until they’re all open. Remove the top mussel shell and place the bottom half with the meat in an ovenproof pan or baking tray.
2. Top the mussels with the matboucha sauce.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, preserved lemon and chopped parsley. Top the mussels with the crumb mixture and place in the oven under the grill for 5–10 minutes, or until golden.
4. Serve the mussels straight from the oven with a crisp Greek salad, dolmades, fried halloumi and toasted pita breads.
Woolies’ Mediterranean range has expanded in leaps and bounds lately and includes tasty treats such as preserved lemon, a ratatouille sauce, tzatziki seasoning and paella seasoning, to name just a few.